SSRS Training: It stands for SQL server reporting services (SSRS). It is an BI Tool provided by Microsoft . It usually runs with Visual studio, in an application called as BIDS (Business Intelligence Design Studio). SSRS is a set of ready-made tools that helps you to create, deploy & manage reports. We can extend reporting functionality using C# and Visual Basics as an programming languages. It helps you to create rich reports in the form of Tabular, graphical and interactive free forms from various data sources with rich data visualization in the form of charts, maps and sparklines. All the generated reports can be viewed via web browser. The SSRS allows the analysed report to be delivered via emails to a specified location in a automated way, it also allow to exporter the results in excel, PDF and word format. SSRS provides an host of security, which is a powerful features, in order to control, who sees which reports.
SSRS Training Overview:
SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services is a server-based reporting platform that you can use to create and manage tabular, matrix, graphical, and free-form reports that contain data from relational and multidimensional data sources. The reports that you create can be viewed and managed over a World Wide Web-based connection. Reporting Services includes the following core components:
- A complete set of tools that you can use to create, manage, and view reports.
- A Report Server component that hosts and processes reports in a variety of formats. Output formats include HTML, PDF, TIFF, Excel, CSV, and more.
- An API that allows developers to integrate or extend data and report processing in custom applications, or create custom tools to build and manage reports.
The reports that you build can be based on relational or multidimensional data from SQL Server, Analysis Services, Oracle, or any Microsoft .NET data provider such as ODBC or OLE DB. You can create tabular, matrix, and free-form reports. You can also create ad hoc reports that use predefined models and data sources.
Visually and functionally, the reports that you build in Reporting Services surpass traditional reporting by including interactive and Web-based features. Some examples of these features include drill-down reports that enable navigation through layers of data, parameterized reports that support content filtering at run time, free-form reports that support content in vertical, nested, and side-by-side layouts, links to Web-based content or resources, and secure, centralized access to reports over remote or local Web connections.
SSRS competes with Crystal Reports and other business intelligence tools, and is included in Express, Workgroup, Standard, and Enterprise editions of Microsoft SQL Server as an install option. Reporting Services was first released in 2004 as an add-on to SQL Server 2000. The second version was released as a part of SQL Server 2005 in November 2005. The latest version was released as part of SQL Server 2008 in August 2008.
Advantages of SSRS:
- Easy to deploy
- Provides a facility to deploy a reporting portal
- It provides windows security
- Supports drill down reporting
- Provides intuitive options and
- Provides interactive sorting capabilities
Components of SSRS:
- BIDS – Visual studio shell (data management, report design and deployment)
- Report Server
- Report Builder
- Report Manager
- Visual studio via report viewer control.
SSRS TRAINING COURSE CONTENT
- Deconstructing Reporting Services
- Shared Data Sources
- Creating Reports from Scratch
CALCULATIONS AND FORMATTING
- Creating Expressions
- Using the Global Collections
- Formatting Items
- Conditional Formatting
GROUPING AND SORTING
- Creating Groups
- Calculating Totals and Percentages
- Interactive Sorting
- Creating Drill-Down Reports
- Creating Report Parameters
- Creating Drop-Down Parameters
- Multi-Valued Parameters
- Debugging Parameter Issues
CREATING MATRIX REPORTS AND CHARTS
- Creating a Basic Matrix Report
- Matrix Subtotals
- Creating a Basic Chart
- Exploring the Charting Possibilities
MANAGING REPORTING SERVICES
- Deploying Reports and Data Sources
- Exporting Reports and Printing
- Using the Web-Based Report Manager
- Using SQL Server Management
- Studio-based Reporting Services Manager
REPORTING SERVICES SECURITY
- Two Parts to Reporting Services
- Securing Access to Reports
- Data Source Security
PROGRAMMING REPORTING SERVICES
- The Many Reporting Services APIs
- Integrating Reporting Services into
- Applications using URL Access
- Using the Report Viewer Controls
ADVANCED REPORTING SERVICES PROGRAMMING
- Using the Reporting Services Web
- Working with Custom Assemblies
SNAPSHOTS AND SUBSCRIPTIONS
- Caching and Snapshots
- Creating Standard Subscriptions
- Creating Data-Driven Subscriptions
- Managing Subscriptions
SSRS Training Course Outline:
- Program Name: SSRS Training
- Course Duration: 35 Hours
- Mode: Online virtual classes and corporate
- Timings: According to one’s feasibility
- System Access : will be provided
- Batch Type: Regular , weekends and fast track
- Trainees will get the soft copy material.
- Sessions will be conduct through WEBEX, GOTOMEETING OR SKYPE.
- Basic Requirements: Good Internet Speed, Headset
Advantages upon enrolling with Tysco Online Trainings:
We are the best online training providers, we just don’t teach you the technology rather we make you understand with live examples, the sessions we conduct are interactive and informative .If the candidates miss any of the sessions due to some unavailability, we will give assurance for back-up sessions. At the end of every week the review sessions will be taken, so that the attendees can recollect the topics. As it an Online Trainings, the timings will be according to the candidate feasibility.
As our trainers are real time experts they will help you in giving training at very high level for real time projects. At the end of the session we will discuss regarding the interview questions which will help you out in cracking the interviews. Our Consultant will help you in preparing the resume and certifications. Also the added advantage from us is will also provide you job support if you are phasing any issue in your current job, looking at your current working technology and issue , if we think we can resolve the issue then only we give you 100% commitment to resolve it. Tysco Team will be in switch on mode for 24/7 and will solve any issues regarding the training, timings, trainer or server. We are ready to solve any issues with in no time.