SAP PP stands for Production Planning. In SAP domain, SAP Production Planning online works as an integral part of logistics mortality and it is integrated with other SAP modules like Materials Management (MM) and Plant Maintenance (PM). As production planning is an essential part of a company’s supply chain, SAP Production Planning certified professionals are in great demand. We conducts online SAP PP training for professionals willing to explore their career in SAP production and planning stream.
SAP PP training tutorial by Tysco Online Trainings is based on latest research, live project, & best possible industry update. Not only students will find this module advantageous to avail,but also on job professional will find it super flexible for attaining besides their regular job. Here course fee is affordable and the entire training is done on best interactive virtual platform.
- Attendees should have a basic knowledge of MRP.
SAP PP TRAINING COURSE CONTENT :
TOPIC 2:MASTER DATA IN SAP PP TRAINING MODULE
- Material Types (FERT/HALB/ROH/VERP)
- Material Master
- Views: MRP1, MRP2, MRP3
- Views: MRP4 & Work Scheduling View
- Different fields
- Bill of Material
- Header Overview
- Item Overview
- Item Categories
- BOM Usages
- Single-level BOM
TOPIC 3: BUSINESS PROCESSES IN PLANNING
- Work center
- Basic Data
- Control Key
- Standard Value Key & Parameters
- Default Values
- Header details
- Component Assignment
- Back flush
- Production version
- Grouping BOM & Routing
- Lot size assignment
- Validity Period
TOPIC 4: DEMAND PLANNING
- Planning strategies10 &40
- Planned independent Requirements
TOPIC 5: PRODUCTION ORDER EXECUTION PROCESS
- Requirements (PIR)
- MRPRun in SAP PP Training
- Requirements inMD04
- Planned order conversion to _Production order
- Purchase Requisition conversion to _Purchase order
- Assignment of Settlement Rule
- Release of Production Order
- Goods Issue
- Confirmation of Production Order
- Goods Receipt
- Delivery Complete by SD
- Technical completion Of Production order
- Variance Calculations By FI CO
- Settlement of orderby FI CO
TOPIC 6: DIFFERENT PRODUCTION PROCESS WIDELY USED IN INDUSTRIES
- Customer Specific Requirements STRATEGY 20
- Consumption based planning
- Discrete manufacturing
- Repetitive Manufacturing
- Sales Operational Planning
- Variant Configuration
TOPIC 7: CUSTOMER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS _STRATEGY 20
- Creation of Material master with sales views
- Creation of sales orderby SD
- RunMRP to get sales order number for assembly and raw materials
- Creation of Production order through sales order
- Difference between unrestricted stock and specific stock
TOPIC 8: CONSUMPTION BASED PLANNING
- Maintaining safety stock in material master
- Issue or consume stock
- MRP RUN
- Creation of purchase requisitions
- Chapter9: Discrete Manufacturing Process:
- Master data
- Production order creation
- Release of Production Order
- Goods Issue
- Goods Receipt
- Delivery Complete by SD
- Technically completion Of Production order
- Variance Calculations by Fico
- Settlement Of orderby Fico
TOPIC 9: GOODS MOVEMENT IN SAP PP TRAINING
- Goods Receipt w ref .to Production Order
- Goods Issue w ref to Production Order
- Goods Receipt Reversal w ref to Production Order
- Goods Issue Reversal w ref to Production Order
- Chapter11: Sales and Operations Planning – SOP:
- Standard Planning (with standard so76 info structure)
- Planning with the Product Groups
- Planning with the Materials
- Product Group Aggregation & Desegregation
- Creation of Plan & version management
- Transfer of Plan to Demand Management
- MRP run to get planned orders
CHAPTER 10: VARIANT CONFIGURATION
- Creation of characteristics
- Creation of Class
- Material Master
- Configuration Profile for material
- Maintain master BOM
- Maintain Work center
- Maintain Routing
- Creation of Sale order by SD
- Setting a variant material
CHAPTER 11: REQUIRED CONFIGURATION STEPS IN SAP PP TRAINING
- Define Order types
- Define Order type dependent parameters
- Define scheduling profile parameters
- Define Scheduling Types
- Define confirmation Parameters
- Define MRP controllers
- Define standard value keys
- Define Control keys
- Chapter16: Overview of ASAP METHODOLOGY:
- Overview of Various steps involved in SAP IMPLEMENTATION
CHAPTER 12: INTEGRATION WITH OTHER MODULES
- Integration with FICO
- Integration with Materials management
- Integration with Quality Management
- Integration with Sales & Distribution
What is SAP PP?
SAP PP is one of the modules in SAP system. It handles all business related to production. In SAP R/3 system modular data is classified as master data & transaction data where the master data and transaction data where the master data is defined as individual module objects. PP Master data must be used before use of transactions. SAP PP training encompass all the activities like material Requirement Management Planning , Bills of Material , Routings , Automatic requisitions based on the MRP, Capacity planning. Production Planning fully integrated with other SAP Modules such as sales and distribution, material management, Financial Accounting and Controlling, Plant Maintenance and Logistic execution.
Various SAP PP Modules
- Master data which includes material master, Work centers and various bills of materials, inventory.
- Sales and operations planning which enables you to forecast sales and operation parameters based on past history, current trends & demand analysis in sap pp training.
- Distribution Resource Planning or DRP facilities smooth management of your distribution centers.
- SAP Production Planning is the core of the entire operation which includes demand forecasting, demand management & other aspects.
- Materials Requirement Planning or MRP.
- Shop Floor Control takes care of movement of goods, handling of production orders
- Capacity planning helps you evaluate the capacity utilized and identity scope for improvements.
- Repetitive manufacturing which helps you streaming your manufacturing process for continued production.
- Product Cost Planning helps you evaluating your product and set prices for it.
Master data is generally static for any company & is very rarely changed depending on the requirement. There are five master data to be maintained in SAP PP Online training module.
- The material master contains information on all the materials that a company procures, produces, stores and sells. It is a number uniquely identifies a material master record, and hence a materials.
- Materials with the same basic attributes are grouped together and assigned to a material type such as finished, raw material of SAP PP Training.
- It is used for the following purpose:
- To purchase materials.
- For good movement postings such as good issue or receipt in inventory management and also for physical inventory postings.
- In invoice verification for the posting invoices.
- In Sales and distribution for sales order fulfilment process.
- In Production planning and control for material planning, scheduling, and production confirmation processes.
Bill of materials (BOM)
- For example, Product Cycle can contain all types of frames (with different colours and sizes) in sap pp training and desired frame is selected in production order based on colour and sizes chosen in sales order.
- For Products having variants, you can create super BOM, which has all possible types components used to manufacture different types of variants, and the appropriate component is selected based on characteristic chosen in the sales order.
- You can also create up to 99 alternatives BOMs for a single product.
- BOMs are used in material requirement planning and product costing.
- A bill of material is complete, formally structured list of the components together with the quantity required to produce the product or assembly.
- It contains the data for Sap pp training.
- A work Center is am machine or group of machines where production operations are performed. Work centers are used in the task list operations (Routings).
- It is also used for sap pp training scheduling of operations and used in standard cost calculation of the product.
- Routing is nothing but a sequence of operation performed at the work center. It also specifies the machine time, labour time, etc. For the execution of operations.
- The Production version is a combination of BOM and Routing data for the production. It is a linkage between BOM & Routing and determines the manufacturing process.
- There can be multiple production versions as per the different manufacturing process to the product.
SAP Production Planning Cycle
The SAP PP online training & Control consist of two obvious of Planning and Execution.
- Production Planning is generally done form budgeted sales plan. Planning is based on the sales plan to meet the sales requirements as per production cycle times.
- SAP PP Training demand for the Product is entered through demand management in the form of planned independent requirement (PIR). This data from demand management becomes the input to Material requirement planning (MRP).
- MRP checks for availability of various raw materials used for production at different stages using he master data such as Bill of Material (BOM) and available current plant stocks.
- In case of material shortage, Purchase requisitions are created for the materials which are externally procured, and planned orders are created for in-house produced materials.
- These purchase requisitions & planned orders initiate the Procurement Cycle and the Execution Cycle of Production respectively.
- As MRP works with the infinite capacities, capacity levelling must be done in order to avoid any capacity bottlenecks.
- These panned orders as converted to Production orders, and are scheduled as per the production timings using the master data such as routings.
- Production Orders are released by the Production Supervisor on the shop floor, material availability checks can also be carried out to check if there are any missing components.
- Production is carried out based on the activities maintained in the Routing where the master data like work center is mentioned against each operation in routing of sap pp training.
- Once the production is completed, the Confirmations of orders are executed, and goods movement for materials consumptions & good receipt are posted against the order. Hence, the order gets the delivered (DLV) status, the material is received into desired storage location.
- Usually at the month end before doing the order settlement, production order needs to be set to technically completed status in order to calculate production variances by the controlling personnel.
SAP PP Training Process
- The function of Demand Management is to estimate requirement quantities & delivery dates for finished products and important assemblies. Demand management users PIR (planned independent requirements) and customer requirements.
- Planning strategies must be defined for a product. It represents the methods of production for the Planning and manufacturing. There are two methods by which we can do this
- Make to Stock: Production of the goods without having sales orders, i.e., stock is produced independently of orders.
- Make of Order: This strategy applies to the production of material for a specific individual sales order or line item in sap pp training.
Material Requirement Planning (MRP)
- MRP determine any shortages and create the appropriate procurement elements. It does net requirement calculations and generate planned orders for in-house produced materials and requisition for sap pp training raw materials.
- It does time scheduling and calculate production dates in planned orders.
- It explores the BOM and generate procurement proposal at each BOM levels.
Capacity Planning & Levelling
- Capacity planning is used to analyze the capacity overloads at work center & shift the orders to avoid any capacity bottlenecks.
- Capacity requirement are generated via MRP on work center and since MRP work with infinite capacity and plans everything on work center without considering any capacity constraints. It is required to level capacity at the work center.
- Capacity can be levelled at each center through planning table in order to creating the constraint production plan.
- The Production Order is firmed receipt element, which is not affected by the MRP run, unlike planned orders.
- SAP PP Training Production Order is a document which specifying what material needs to be produced and in what quality. It also contains the BOM components & routing operation data to be performed at the work center.
- Production Order is released for execution, material availability checks can be carried out which determines if there are any missing components.
Production Order Confirmation
- When goods are produced physically at shop floor, then the production order must be confirmed.
- During confirmation, components materials can be consumed automatically via back flush mechanism & goods receipt of material can be performed automatically via operation control key in the Routing.
- However, instead of auto goods movement, manual goods issue & receipt can be performed separately from confirmation.
- Any failed goods movement due to a deficit of component stock can be reprocessed manually.
- Activity costs such as the machine, labour. Will also be updated in the production order during confirmation on an actual basis.
- The sap pp training order gets CNF and DLV status after final confirmation and final goods receipt.
- If Confirmation is posted wrongly, then we can cancel the confirmation & post it again with correct data.
Production Order Close
- After Production order is delivered completely or we don’t want to execute the order further then other should be technically completed.
- After order gets TECO status, it gets deleted from stock/requirement list and is no longer considered in the material requirement planning run. All dependent reservation also get deleted from the system.
- Next, we will look into the each phase of SAP PP and learn how to operate SAP PP Training module.