Informatica Data Validation Option is the process of verifying the accuracy and completeness of data after a data migration, replication, integration or other similar movement or transformation exercise. Valid and accurate target data indicates that the data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) processes are working as expected and are safe to use. DVO integrates with the Informatica PowerCenter Repository and Integration Services and enables developers and business analysts to create rules to test the data.
Informatica DVO Training training is rendered by best subject matter experts and the tutorials prepared by these expert industry allied tutors are made with latest industry updates. Classes are available for individual as well as for corporate batches on demand. Call the help desk for more details for online Informatica DVO training’s and its details.
INFORMATICA DATA VALIDATION OPTION ONLINE TRAINING COURSE CONTENT:
- DVO Architecture
- DVO Benefits
- DVO interface
- Test Types
TOPIC 2: USE TABLE PAIRS & BASIC TABLE PAIR TESTS
- Use of table pairs in DVO
- Basic table pair tests
TOPIC 3: AGGREGATE TESTS
- Aggregate test types
- Best practices for aggregate testing
- Run and evaluate test results
- Create table pairs and aggregate tests
TOPIC 4: SET TESTS
- Set Test Types
- Experience creating set tests
TOPIC 5: VALUE TESTS
- Value test types & functionality
- Set up and run value tests
TOPIC 6: EXPRESSION TESTING
- How to use Expressions in testing
- Relationship between DVO Expressions & PWC Expressions
TOPIC 7: PWC & DVO REPOSITORIES
- Relationship between DVO Repository & PWC Repository
TOPIC 8: FILTERING DATA
- Set up WHERE and TEST conditions
- How they function
TOPIC 9: SINGLE TABLE CONSTRAINTS
- Specify the usage of Single Table constraints
- Set up Single Table Constraints
- Single Pair testing vs Table pair testing
TOPIC 10: DVO METHODOLOGY
- Guidelines to configure a DVO approach to testing
- Types of Automated Tests
- Best practices
- Generating Tests Automatically
TOPIC 12: GENERATING REPORTS
- Types of Reports
- Run Reports on test results
TOPIC 13: SQL VIEWS
- Advantages & Limitations
- Creating and Using SQL Views
TOPIC 14: LOOKUP VIEWS
- Lookup View Properties
- Lookup View Example
- Creating and using Lookup Views
TOPIC 15: JOIN VIEWS
- Performance on Join Views
- Types of joins available
- Create and run tests that utilize Join Views
TOPIC 16: RESOLVE ERRORS
- PWC Role
- Troubleshooting Initial & On-going Errors
- Troubleshoot DVO errors occurring on running tests
TOPIC 17: EXPORT AND IMPORT DVO METADATA
- What objects can you import and export
- Exporting Metadata
- Importing Metadata
TOPIC 18: DVO’S CAPABILITIES AT COMMAND LINE
- DVOCmd Location
- DVOCmd Syntax
Informatica DVO Training Architecture:
- Data Validation Option Online Training requires installation and setup of PowerCenter.
- Source and target data table and file definitions are imported from PowerCenter repositories.
- You set up table pairs and test rules in Data Validation Option. This test metadata is stored in the Data Validation Option repository.
- When the tests are run, DVO communicates with PowerCenter through an API to create appropriate mappings, sessions, and workflows, and to execute them.
- PowerCenter connects to the data being tested instead of Data Validation Option.
- After the tests are executed, results are stored in the Data Validation Option repository and displayed in the DVO Client.
Typical Data Validation Workflow:
- Data Validation Option reads one or more PowerCenter metadata repositories.
- You define the validation rules in Informatica DVO Training.
- You run the rules to ensure the data conforms to the validation rules. When you do this, Data Validation Option performs the following tasks:
- – Creates and executes all tests through PowerCenter.
- – Loads results into the DVO results database and displays them in the Informatica DVO Training Client.
- You examine the results and identify sources of inconsistencies in the ETL process or the source systems.
- You repeat this process for new records.
Benefits of Informatica DVO Training:
Informatica DVO Training reduces the time required for data validation and production data auditing and verification significantly, eliminating the traditional methods of validating data by visual inspection, data comparison tools or writing SQL scripts viz row counts, minus queries etc. The risk of validating data by traditional methods is particularly high when there is a larger data set to work with and a higher chance of occurence of human errors.
- Maintaining different test scripts to validate data for different projects is cumbersome. Informatica DVO Training provides a easy-to-use GUI interface to test the rules created for data validations for multiple projects.
- No programming skills needed to create validation tests.
- DVO includes a repository with reporting capabilities to provide a complete audit trail of all tests and their results.
- It reads data definitions from PowerCenter metadata repositories and can easily deal with data definition changes.
Key Pointers For Informatica DVO Training Testing:
- Informatica DVO Training tests data only, not mappings or workflows. Testing mappings is unit testing, which is different from data validation.
- Informatica DVO Training only reads table definitions from PowerCenter metadata repositories, and checks the data at either end of the process and will show problems or inconsistencies only. It does not attempt to identify the bug in the ETL process.
- Do not copy formulas from the ETL mapping into Informatica Data Validation Option Training. If there is an error in the ETL mapping formula, you will replicate it in Informatica DVO Training, and Data Validation Option will not catch it. Therefore, you must always maintain a proper separation between ETL and testing.
- Do not try to do everything in Informatica DVO Training. If you think that a particular step can be accomplished more easily with SQL, use SQL. If you run 95% of your validation in Data Validation Option, and can document it with the audit trail, this is more than enough.
Informatica DVO Training Usage:
Validate Data being Transformed – ETL Testing, ETL Reconciliation, Application Migration
Validate if Data is Identical – ETL Migration, Database Migration, ETL Version Upgrade
What is Data Validation Option ?
Informatica DVO Training is a ETL Testing tool which comes along with power center and enables to test and validate data Data Validation Option reads table definitions from Power Center metadata repositories, and checks the data for inconsistencies Verify that moved or transformed data is complete and accurate and has not been changed because of errors in the movement or transformation process Will not check the correctness of transformations or mappings designed in Informatica.
Course Objectives for Informatica Dvo Training:
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to:
- Develop a high-level understanding of the Informatica DVO Training architecture and functionality.
- Develop a high-level understanding of test types in general (aggregate, set and value)
- Develop a high-level understanding of the options that can be chosen when creating a test
- Develop an understanding of how to run tests, and evaluate test results
- Obtain experience creating basic aggregate tests, which include COUNT, COUNT DISTINCT, COUNT ROWS, SUM, AVG, MIN, MAX.
- Develop an understanding of value test functions, which include VALUE, and OUTER_VALUE.
- Obtain experience setting up and running value tests
- Develop an understanding of SET tests, which include SetA_in_B, SetB_in_A, Set_AinB, and Set_ANotInB.
Advantages upon enrolling with Tysco Online Trainings
- Tysco Online Trainings provides an opportunity on Informatica DVO Training for every IT consultant or an Fresher to upgrade their skills by learn the latest module which will make them to be the best in the race of learning new technology by expert certified consultants.
- Sessions we conduct are informative. We just don’t teach the technology , rather we make the classes interactive and practical for better understand.
- The training what we offer are by the domain experts and certified consultants.
- We provide the review sessions and back up sessions if at all the participants have miss the sessions
- We also provide the support even after completion of the sessions, whether it may be regarding the subject or else the technical assistance.
- We work 24/7 to support our participants, irrespective of the time zone.
- The Online Informatica DVO Training course syllabus is prepared as per the present market trend by the expert professionals.
- Mock interview will be conducted to make you self confident on the technology you choose.
- After completion of course our experts helps you in resume preparation and prepare you to crack the interview.
- If you are phasing any issue in your present job, we also provide job support, if we think that we can resolve the issue then only we give you 100% commitment to resolve the issue.
Informatica DVO Training stages:
A typical workflow or stages for data validation consists of multiple tasks-
- Informatica DVO Training reads one or more Power Center metadata repositories
- We define the validation rules(creation of tests) in Data Validation Option
- We run the rules(tests) to ensure the data conforms to the validation rules. When we do this, Data Validation Option performs the following tasks: Creates and executes all tests through PowerCenter.
- Loads results into the Data Validation Option results database and displays them in the Data Validation Option Client.
We examine the results and identify data inconsistencies in the ETL process We repeat this process for new records.